Chat Room

Thursday 17 May 2007

Divorces


I remember my teen age when my mom told me that the main condition of happy family life and relations is respect. I didn't understand it at that time. Now, when I got married and looking around at my friend's marriage it seems to me my mother's words are true for 100%... I'm only 23 and I'm only 1 year in a marriage and almost 3 years in relationship with my husband and of cause I'm not experienced in family life enough, but I'm enough experienced in relations and the fact that all men I ever knew are my friends now and we still respect each other gives me the right to write this.
So the main (one of the main) things of happy relations is respect. What's that? Before in the time of my grands it was associated with: restraint in emotions, behavior and sex, to say You instead you, to go by the name, etc. But when the "free" time of XXI century came, youth doesn't control the manner of talk to each other. Again looking at my friends couples, I see the way they talk:
1. She allows herself to criticize Him in front of friends, even more - His parents, she compares Him with another man in front of people and shows his disadvantages.
2. So He does the same - he discusses her weight in front of her girlfriends; makes compliments to her girl-friends trying to show her that she cooks for example worth.
And what's more awful each of them thinks that the more he/she will disrespect another one, the better he/she will be looked in front of people, something like "I'm such a good one, and I'm so unhappy cuz I'm much better than my partner and people should feel sorry about my "poor" destiny and tell my parter how much he/she should appreciate me!". My God, this village people!!!
Instead of showing how lucky I'm cuz God sent me this person and he/she is with me, and show out the advantages, they enjoy disrespecting the partner. I hear sometimes as men call their sexual partner or girlfriend "bitch". That I can't understand even if they have just sex with them. So people lost respect. Of cause here's lack of culture, background, aesthetic attitude to life in general. That's why I think young people, getting marriage, are doing that being lead by sexual passion. When passion is finishing they don't have true love which consist of respect.
Here's eastern wisdom:
The attraction of minds burns respect...
The attraction of souls burns friendship...
The attraction of bodies burn passion...
The union of 3 ingredients: Respect, Friendship and Passion - burns LOVE...


p.s. I never found the definition of LOVE better than this one.
p.s. I have all this 3 ingredients in relations with my husband and today I feel the most happy person. And wish everybody has the same. :-)

No comments: