Chat Room

Sunday 10 June 2007

Fashion Night


I was waiting for this weekend so much cuz it's the last one before my leaving for Egypt for vacation. So I was planning to stay home this weekend and to pack my bags. But on Friday my husband brought two invitations for Fashion Party which was promised to be interesting and something unusual for Minsk. The guy who gave us these invitations told us there will be fashion performance with naked girls on stage in a national shoes called "valenki" which usually people wear in a village at winter. But designers styled them somehow. So after work on Friday we went there. All this meeting was organized in a National Beauty School where models take classes. So my mood was not so good at the beginning: 1) I was confused what to put on (it's fashion party so i had choice - or to feel comfortable or to look good, so i choose something medium); 2) i was tired after work, especially my husband who was driving the whole day and i felt so sorry about him and for my asking him to stay he was refusing cuz he promised me this party; 3) and i knew that we'll be there alone we didn't know anybody there. But we went.
So in general we liked it. There where good looking and glamor people, mostly up to 25-30, girls where different for any taste ) But over there they proposed such a sour champaign which i don't like (i prefer half sweet) and pineapple. The room was too tight for so many people and no conditions! It's so hot there that people tried to go out all the time. There where so many photographers and journalists, so it's hard to see anything, especially shoes. Not good light performance and too loud music, but as far as we didn't have any plans for evening we didn't regret about coming there. It was going to be disco there but we didn't feel like staying there in that hot room.

No comments: